Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pumpkin Cream Cupcakes


1 pkg spice cake mix
1 pkg (3.4 oz size) instant vanilla pudding
1 c canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 pkg softened cream cheese
1/4 c sugar
1 egg

1. Prepare cake batter according to package instructions. Add dry pudding mix and pumpkin. Mix well and pour into 24 paper-lined muffin cups (I use an ice cream or cookie scooper to make this mess free).

2. Beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg. Dollop onto pumpkin mixture and gently swirl into batter.

3. Bake 18-21 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

Review:
Very moist, pretty tasty, super convenient (you use a mix!)...but I could have gone for even more pumpkin flavor. I would make these again. They are not overly sweet and don't have a frosting, so I would almost pass them off as a muffin!

2 comments:

  1. Guess who has a lonely spice cake mix in the pantry AND 1/2 a can of pumpkin in the fridge????
    This makes me happy! I'm assuming 350 degrees--you didn't say
    Nanners

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I FINALLY got around to making these over the weekend. They were too moist and almost wet--maybe I did something wrong? Flavor was tasty and you are right---not a dessert, more like a sweet afternoon snack or a breakfast item.

    ReplyDelete