Saturday, October 16, 2010

Get you some

Please make these. I must admit, they are probably not considered a "health food". These are probably not the sort of foods one with high cholesterol should be eating (not that I know of anyone that has high cholesterol. nope. huh uh. not this girl.) Let me tell you how to make these:

Fried Ravioli
ingredients:
1 pkg fresh cheese ravioli (at Walmart when the craving strikes? it's in the front of the store. go figure)
1/2 box panko bread crumbs (just trust me on this. they are better than regular)
2 eggs
1 tbsp italian seasonings (from a mix or from your creation of multible spice jars in your pantry...it matters not)
1/2 c canola oil or olice oil (after all, they are heart-healthy)
jarred marinara sauce (I like the refrigerated kind best and I whirl it with the hand blender to make smooth)

1. beat eggs and add seasonings to panko mixture
2. get pan hot then add oil (yes, this matters)
3. coat ravioli in egg mixture
4. cover in panko crumbs
5. fry until golden brown and then turn. pull out when done (maybe 3 mintues total)
6. lay out on paper towels until you can't stand it anymore and then eat.
7. serve with warm marinara for dunking

p.s. as you are coating your ravioli, you may not think the mixture sticks well to the pasta. don't worry. just you wait, it will be perfect!

2 comments:

  1. Making these Friday night for friends who are coming over---I'll let you know!
    How big is a box of panko? I have a bag...hmmmmm...I'll eyeball it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So---they were awesome! I did pick up a box of Progresso Panko crumbs that were already seasoned (what a cheater!).
    I made about half of the big package of ravioli and it used the whole box of crumbs--I was quite liberal with them and I did refresh them when they got a bit eggy from dipping others. All in all, they were a bit hit. Did them about 20 min. before guests arrived and kept them in the warming drawer on paper towels. Yummm!

    ReplyDelete